We are currently looking for a full-time Mover/Driver for our busy operation. We are one of the leading home staging and furniture rental companies in Vancouver. We are seeking an individual with experience in residential moving to fill a full-time position. The ideal candidate will be well-spoken and comfortable meeting clients, along with having a strong knowledge of the proper and safe moving and handling of home furnishings.
We do not take ourselves too seriously, but we do take the job seriously, so we are looking for the right fit.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivering and picking up items from staging projects and client properties.
- Loading trucks safely and efficiently with furniture and accessories.
- Assisting with the project setup.
- Inspecting, recording, and reporting any notable damages to outgoing and incoming inventory.
- Assisting customers at the warehouse with loading and unloading of orders.
- Verifying entire orders are returned.
- Other general duties at the warehouse as required (including inventory control, scanning and entering orders, cleaning, and maintenance).
Experience and Ability Requirements:
- Previous moving experience is preferred.
- A valid Drivers license and experience driving a 3-ton truck is required.
- Must be proficient in the English language (reading, written, oral).
- Must be well-spoken, presentable, and good with clients – We are in the business of customer service.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Works well under pressure, especially in time-sensitive situations.
- Independent worker, requiring minimal supervision.
- Having the ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
- Lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work accurately with strong attention to detail.
- A valid work permit is required.
Type: Full-time, Permanent (35 – 40 hrs per week)
Compensation: From $22.00 per hour (negotiable, depending on experience).
Benefits: Company events, Dental care, Extended health care, Life insurance, Paid time off
Schedule: 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please provide a Résumé and Cover letter.
We thank everyone who applies, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.