Staging Contract Terms & Conditions
MINUMUM TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
- The Initial Fixed Term Contract (Initial Contract) as outlined in the proposal.
- The Initial Contract is inclusive of room design, inventory sourcing, furniture rental, inventory delivery, staging install, and de-staging/removal.
- Five (5) business days’ notice, via email, is required for the de-staging/removal of the rental furnishings. Failure to provide adequate notice will result in Ongoing Rental fees being accrued.
- After the Initial Contract rental will be offered for each consecutive 28-Day rental cycle.
- The ongoing rental fee is payable on the first day of each consecutive 28-Day rental cycle.
- Upon the renewal date, the client’s credit card will be charged automatically for the renewal amount.
- From the second rental cycle onward, if items are returned, refunds will be prorated on a weekly basis.
- Staging services will only commence on receipt of a signed proposal and payment of the 50% deposit.
- 50% of the Initial Contract (including GST/PST) is payable upon acceptance of this proposal.
- The remaining balance of the Initial Contract is due on the day of installation. Credit card pre-authorization for the remaining balance will be processed up to 72 hours prior to installation.
- The Initial Contract total is non-refundable.
- Home Ingredients require a valid Credit Card on file for all ongoing rentals.
- Initial Contract payments can be made by credit card, cheque, or e-transfer.
- Ongoing Rentals will be charged to the Client’s credit card on the first day of each new rental cycle.
- Authorization for alternative payment methods is required in writing 7 days prior to scheduled billing dates.
- It is a condition of this contract that all invoices are paid within the stipulated time frame. Daily Interest charges of 2% will be due on all overdue balances (including declined Credit Cards transactions).
- A fee of $40 will be charged for all returned cheques.
- Should payment not be received within 48 hours, Home Ingredients reserves the right to arrange removal of the rental items and to pursue full payment for all outstanding invoices.
- Cancellation of project Installation within 48 hrs of the scheduled staging date will be subject to a cancellation fee equal to a 3-hr moving minimum plus any additional costs incurred (including but not limited to design and sourcing
- Cancellation of a de-stage within 24hrs will be subject to a cancellation fee equal to a 3-hr moving minimum plus any additional costs incurred.
- Costs for all cancellations will be automatically charged to the Client’s credit card.
SCHEDULING AND PROPERTY ACCESS
- The client is directly responsible for reserving elevators/loading bays with their strata/building management company and for all associated fees.
- It is a requirement that we can only deliver to a safe working environment. Please ensure all construction, cleaning, and preparation work is completed prior to our arrival.
- If our team does not have access or safe working conditions upon arrival an hourly rate of $250 will be charged to the client. Should a resolution not be provided, after 1 hour, the above cancellation policy will be invoked. Home Ingredient will then advise on the next available delivery date (additional moving costs applicable).
- If the staging date is pushed forward, a grace period of 5 business days will be given to hold the inventory selected for the stage, at no additional cost. Upon the 6th day, the Initial Contract will commence regardless of the actual delivery date.
- Home Ingredients cannot be held responsible for any costs relating to any delay in delivery or pick up of the rental items. Delivery and pick-up are subject to availability.
- All furnishing provided by Home Ingredients must be returned in the same condition in which they were received. The client will be responsible for the cleaning, replacement, or purchase of damaged or missing items.
- The client is responsible to ensure all outdoor cushions, rugs, and décor items are stored appropriately to avoid excessive damage due to over-exposure to the elements.
- Home Ingredients retain creative control of all staging projects. Furnishing selected and delivered to the site are subject to stock availability at the time of selection.
- Any changes or additions to the agreed proposed furnishing (as outlined in the proposal) will be subject to our hourly service rate of $150.00 per hour plus all associated moving fees.
- Prior authorization to move any pieces after the installation, by parties other than Home Ingredients, is required. Rentals are not transferable from one project to another unless otherwise approved by Home Ingredients.
- All furnishings remain the property of Home Ingredients and it is understood that this transaction is not a conditional sale or financing agreement.
LIVED-IN PROPERTIES (IF APPLICABLE)
- All lived-in properties are subject to our standard linen cleaning fee.
- An optional damage waiver fee is offered for lived-in properties. If the client refuses the damage waiver option, the liability for damage or loss remains the responsibility of the client.
- As part of our staging process art will be hung on the walls using art hooks, nails, and adhesive hooks.
- While all care is taken to minimize damage when hanging art, Home Ingredients is not responsible for the repair of holes or impressions created from art installation.
- If you do not wish for art to be installed in your property, it is the responsibility of the client to ensure Home Ingredients is informed of this preference prior to staging.
- Please be advised that Home Ingredients does not offer insurance for the furnishings installed on your property. We recommend you carry contents insurance for the duration of the rental.
Don’t be shy, we want to hear from you!
Monday to Friday – 9am to 5pm